Thursday, December 26, 2013

Illinois trip

I'm way behind on blogging! I just have to many things that I never have the energy to sit and conquer them all. Now, as I sit holding my baby, looking at the mess to clean up from Christmas, I decided now wad the perfect time!

On December 12, we embarked on our first trip with the princess! It was a little rough, I'm not going to lie. Before the trip I was seriously stressed out about the flight. I didn't want to be "that mom" whose baby just cried the whole 3 hours and I had never flown with a baby before so I had no idea what to expect. I did as much research as I could, got some good advice, and tried my best to not panic. The morning we left, Spencer worked a half day and I finished packing. Of course brynlee was so cranky. (Not helping my anxiety!!!) She eventually fell asleep, I finished getting everything together, and mom and grandma headed to get us. Spencer walked in the door and said they were there (cutting it a little close don't you think?!) We heated up leftover chicken noodle soup and headed out the door.

The flight was not bad at all. Right before take off she started crying because she was hungry and tired (I was holding her off until we actually took off to eat so that the pressure wouldn't make her ears pop). Once we took off, she drank her bottle and slept for about an hour and a half. She was perfectly well behaved the whole rest of the flight and I was so relieved!!




When we landed, it was 18* outside.

We met grandma and grandpa, picked up pizza, and went home to get settled in. It was a very relaxed night, Brynlee was so good, and we went to bed decently early.

Brynlee did not sleep so good that night. She was up about a billion times and so her and I both started the next day with very little sleep. Oh. Did I mention we also both woke up sick?? Yeah, that was no fun. That day (Friday) we ate eggs and bacon, went grocery shopping, and got ready for the family party on the Whitley side that night. Grandma made so much good food! The only problem? It was all dessert. It didn't seem like a problem until I was so sick going to bed haha. The party was small and fun. It was awesome being able to introduce Spencer and Brynlee to my relatives and for me to be able to get to know them all as an adult. Brynlee was so good with her usual charm, and chattered away all night. We slept Brynlee on some blankets next to our bed by a space heater that night. She slept a little better, but not much.

Chillin out before the party!



Saturday we got up and None of us felt like eating breakfast (except Spencer of course, because he didn't pig out like mom and I). We got ready to go and headed to the Manary family day of fun! *Let me preface this with how yucky I felt this day. It was the worst day of me being sick and it stinks that it landed on the only day we got to spend with that side of the family.* Anyways. We got to see so many people because Grandma Bea made it into a mini family reunion! That day we had so much yummy food and this time it was all meat, potatoes, and corn casserole....MMMMM!!! We sat around for most of the afternoon and then immediate family went back to my great aunt Lisa's.



I was so tired and not feeling good so when we got there Spencer feel asleep in the rocking chair and Brynlee and I laid down on a bed for a nap. Brynlee slept for like 3 hours!!! Eventually Spencer came went in with Brynlee and I got up. We played some uker and snacked on leftovers. It was awesome. We laughed until we cried!

I started feeling so yucky around 6 and by 7 I was miserable. I asked mom if we could go home and she said no, we were going back to Grandma Bea's house. I might have cried. My aunt Sherri offered to drive us home but I didn't want her to go that far out of her way. It was nicer at grandma's; much calmer and my head didn't hurt as bad. We sat and talked for a couple of hours and heard all kinds of funny childhood stories from mom, grandma, and great grandma. I cried the whole way home. I needed to go to sleep. Spencer was so nice to me (like always) and gave me a big hug, helped me get brynlee to bed and snuggled me to sleep. Brynlee slept 11 hours that night!! Too bad I had to get up 5 TIMES in the night to pee. And at grandpa's house, there is no toilet in the basement so I had to go upstairs every time. Oy!!

Sunday was fun. I was feeling SO MUCH BETTER. We watched polar express in 3D, went to Red Robin in Iowa, went shopping at Younkers for Brynlee, and went home to pack! We had to pack quick so we could stop at great grandpa Joe's to take a 5 generation picture.


Brynlee was being so funny in the way back from Red Robin! I was dying.

It was snowing right as we were leaving for the airport so we decided we needed to kiss in it! :)


We got to the airport around 7 and they were already shutting it down!!! Talk about small town. We said our goodbyes and boarded. Brynlee was being so good... until she peed on me. Had to change her before they even turned off the seatbelt light. She fell asleep at about 8:30 and slept the whole time! She even stayed asleep getting off the plane, buckling her in her car seat, driving home, and putting her in bed. She didn't wake up until 7 the next morning!!!


Was it the most fun trip ever?? No. But it was still really good to see family and I survived both flights with almost no problems!!

No comments:

Post a Comment