Monday, July 7, 2014

Brynlee's 1st 4th!

This 4th of July was a fun one! We left up to Payson in our Chevy around 1:00 with Spencer, me, Grandma, Rhett, and Brynlee in tow! We made it up there around 2:00 and unpacked the car. We spent the whole afternoon just hanging out on the blanket enjoying the beautiful weather and good company. We barbequed like always and then got to relax some more until fireworks. I ran into my friend Kelsi and her fiance and chatted with them for a while and then my bestie Mikaela made her appearance.
 It's about the only time I am able to come to her for a visit and I just loved seeing her and little Eli!! Gingers for life!!



Katy taught Brynlee how to hit herself in the head...she does it ALL THE TIME now. 









She loved the licorice. Mom wasn't so thrilled that it was red and getting all over her clothes, but apparently nobody cares what mom thinks! She did look really cute eating it...


I love this family picture. Brynlee looks adorable and everyone is happy. I love this little family of mine.


I have never seen the sun do this ABOVE the clouds. It was amazing and I couldn't resist taking a picture.


Along those lines, this was my view laying on the blanket at the park. I could look at that all day....

Right when the fireworks were about to start, it rained. Pretty hard too. So we decided it was getting late and we would just head home. Luckily we had packed up the car beforehand so all we had to do was take the lawn chair the blanket, and the baby and walk. Brynlee wouldn't let me cover her head with the blanket so I did the best I could keeping her jammies dry. We got to the car, pulled into the line of cars, and there we waited. For 45 minutes without moving. But hey, at least we weren't in the rain! Then once the rain had let up a little bit, they started the fireworks. We didn't have the best view because the trees were in the way and everybody had the lights in their cars on, but we got Brynlee unbuckled, pulled her into the front seat, and let her watch from there and partly out the window. She LOVED them. She was talking and making sounds the entire time. It wasn't the most traditional way to watch fireworks, but it worked for us!


The first picture is a little dark, but you can see Brynlee watching them.


 She wouldn't hold still long enough for me to get a good picture, but I love the one of her pointing to the fireworks. She seriously was loving it.

As we were pulling out, I could see Brynlee in the mirror and it was way clearer than this. Once we passed by and couldn't see the fireworks anymore, we sent Brynlee back to her car seat and she was sooooo mad. She seriously screamed for like 5 minutes. She did not want the fireworks to stop! I hope next year it isn't raining so she can get the full effect!

We drove home and got back around midnight. Luckily Brynlee slept the whole way home until we dropped Grandma and Rhett off. She cried from there but went right back to sleep when we got home! 

I am so grateful for the country that we live in. For the freedoms we enjoy, and for the ability that I have to spend a day with my family and feel safe. I'm so grateful for those people who are out defending our country and making it so my life is the way that it is. I'm proud to be an American!!





No comments:

Post a Comment