Sunday, March 23, 2014

Surprises :)

I hate surprises. I hate being surprised and I hate giving surprises! Well, actually I love giving surprises, I just give them too early. I did get a couple of really amazing surprises this past week that made me smile so big!

The other day I had just had a really hard time. I had a rough time at a relief society activity and I just fell asleep almost in tears because I just wanted some love! (Spencer fell asleep or I am sure that he would have given it to me) The next day, out of nowhere, Spencer got out of school early and came home and woke me up from a nap. He had something behind his back and he pulled it out...FROZEN! He bought me frozen and surprised me with it because the night before, I was going to go buy it but decided against it because I had already seen it like 5 times and we didn't need to spend the money on it. Surprise number 1!

Then I had asked him to fix the blue-ray player and he went out into the kitchen. I told him that it was in here and he told me it was on the counter. He then brought me in a drink from QT! I drink way too much soda, I will admit, but he brought one home for me anyways! Surprise number 2!

He then proceeded to be super sweet and hang out with me the whole night! As I was going to bed, he scratched my back for a REALLY long time, and I loved every single second of it. He scratches my back before bed a lot, but this time was extra good! Surprise number 3!

He keeps telling me that he barely did anything and that it wasn't that big of a deal, but 4 days later I am still thinking and talking about it and telling people how amazing my husband is! It honestly wasn't a super grand surprise that took a lot of time and effort, but it did take thought and love and that meant more to me than any of the things he got me combined! He is so thoughtful and always looking for ways to make my life easier and happier. He sure does a good job too! I will always remember that day. The stuff was great, but the love that I felt and the happiness I felt will be the real things that I will remember. I went to bed happy that night :).

No comments:

Post a Comment