Sunday, March 23, 2014

New Computer

So with our tax return we were going to buy another car. After much consideration, we decided that yes, we can afford to buy the car but the upkeep, the insurance, and the gas for another car would just be more than we wanted to take on. Instead we decided to use some of it to get me a new computer. My laptops are both kinda old and are jut not very reliable. We decided on getting me a desktop computer since that seemed a little bit more long term. It also would be much faster and have lots more memory which is what I use it for anyways. We looked at Best Buy and found one that was ok, but after Spencer did his research he figured out that he could build me one for the same price as that and it would have SO MUCH more memory and it would be crazy fast! The plus side too is that he has been dying to build a computer for a long time. This way it was the best of both worlds! We are going to fix up and sell both of my laptops so basically we are hoping to only pay about $100 tops for the new computer!

Spencer ordered the parts and they came last week. He put it together and the last piece got here yesterday. He put it all together and installed everything and then we went and bought the monitor. It is awesome! I have 1 terabyte of memory, none of the crappy stuff that companies put on their computers, and it's build for exactly what I need to use it for. We also stopped at Goodwill yesterday and it just so happened to be half off Saturday! We got a keyboard and a new computer chair for $5 total! SCORE! I am currently using all of the new things. I love it. We rearranged our room so that the computer was in a safer place than where the desk was before. Sometimes it just feels good to rearrange and have a new room feeling. Yay for tax returns! The rest is going to help pay off our car and into savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment