Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Friends!

I posted about my life cleanse a week or so ago and wanted to update!  I have been really, consciously trying to put myself out there and make friends. Last Wednesday I went to a play group at the park in the neighborhood next to mine. Thanks to my on-the-ball visiting teacher for remembering me! It was a little awkward and weird because Brynlee can't play yet, but I went! I ended up running into a friend of mine named Karlee who was in my family ward when I was in young women's, and moved into my ward here in November. I walked home with her and hung out at her house for an hour afterwards just talking. It felt so good to reconnect with her. She is in my same situation with no car and one little girl (another one on the way! ).  We made some tentative plans to be each other's exercise buddies. She even lives in my complex!

Saturday night was the cultural celebration and we were going to watch it on tv. I decided it would be more fun, and a good opportunity to get to know people, if we had company!  Karlee and her husband Zach, and another couple, Capri and Tyson, came over and we had ice cream and brownies and watched the celebration. It was so fun!  And awesome because after everyone left, Spencer told me that he really liked all of them!  (That's a huge bonus for me because he will be more fun now that he knows he likes them all). It was a really good thing for us!

I'm feeling more like my old self. As soon as I told myself that I just needed to get back out there, it was so easy! It's a good feeling to have friends! And now we have at least 2 couples IN OUR COMPLEX that we would feel totally comfortable doing things with!




1 comment:

  1. Good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone! You are growing wiser each and every day. Enjoy your new friends, but don't forget to reach for more.

    ReplyDelete