Monday, October 14, 2013

Whitley's Wedding/ Family in Town

My sister is married!! Friday October 4th my sister got married to Nick Crawford. They were sealed in the Mesa temple and they had a ring ceremony and reception that night. That weekend was nuts. Thursday night I went out with my grandma to the church building to help set up for the reception and ring ceremony. I was not much help because Brynlee decided not to behave herself. I did the best I could and then we left to go pick up my grandparents, cousins, and aunt from the airport. It was so fun seeing them all again! That night I was up until 1:00 am putting together some scrapbook pages for Whitley to use as a sign in book since her pictures didn't get done in time to have a professional book made. Spencer was working on the playlist for the reception. Friday was pretty fun. I got up at 6 (5 hours of sleep!) fed my daughter, took a shower and tried to get as ready as I could before Whitley came over to get her hair done. She ended up being 30 minutes late but luckily I'm a pro at curling hair. She was out the door by 8:10. We were almost late to the temple but we made it and it was a beautiful ceremony. Spencer's mom watched Brynlee for us while we were in the temple, she said she wasn't much fun because she just slept the whole time haha. Spencer, Brynlee, and I spent the rest of the day at the church; setting up and resting for the reception. The reception was fun and there were so many people there! Spencer LOVED being the DJ and got lots of compliments on his music choices. Brynlee got passed around to probably 30+ people and by the end of the night was very ready for bed. I was too. I barely made it home. Whitley looked beautiful and it was awesome spending time with family for a couple of days :).







Having family in town is so fun! I got to see them Thursday night, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! Saturday we went over about lunch time and hung out with the family until the boys all left for priesthood session. We finished playing Euker (I don't know how the heck to spell that) and headed to Red Robin for dinner. It was so fun and Red Robin is SO yummy.


 I can always count on getting to eat there for outings with my family. With my in laws it's always mexican food! Sunday, Spencer and I watched conference in the comfort of our own home while eating waffles and then went out to my parents for one last hoorah with the grandparents! We pretty much just sat on the porch swing the whole time while mom and grandpa were putting up Halloween decorations. It was BEAUTIFUL. I could not get enough of the cool air, the breeze, and the sunshine. I am so excited for it to be fall soon!
Don't mind my double chin, it's the best one we got....




 We said goodbye and went to the Hon's for lunch and the second session of conference. We all took naps, played games, and ate delicious roast! I am so blessed to have the family that I have and the family that I married into!

No comments:

Post a Comment