Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Jeans

I decided a while back that by the end of October I would be at a good place to buy jeans. Having a baby changes your body A LOT and I can't even get most of my old jeans past my knees. That being said, I am not one to fork over lots of money on a new pair of jeans. I usually get my jeans at Rue 21 on the clearance rack for $8. My other inhibition to buying new jeans is that I really don't want to stop wearing my maternity pants yet. I was very reluctant to buy them in the first place, but once I did I was in heaven. It's really nice to have that extra piece of elastic holding in your tummy all the time. Plus they don't move because they go all the way up to under your boobs...it's great! (My sweet husband last night even said, "I missed you in jeans...". I only wore the same 3 pairs of pants for the past 5+ months and two of them looked exactly the same).

Well yesterday while at Khol's I got talked into decided to try on a few pairs, just to see what size I was for future looking purposes. I was so scared about this part. I knew that I wasn't the size I was before, my hips are MUCH bigger now, but what I didn't expect was to have gone up 3 sizes! At first I was a little bit bummed because it made me feel really big. 

It drives me crazy how much pressure society puts on size. Why should I care what the number on the tag says? But I did. Every pair that I tried on I would look at the number and it would just make me cringe inside. Then I would put them on and need a bigger one and that felt even worse! I hate feeling that way. I should just be able to find a pair of jeans that look nice on me and not really care what the tag says. It's just a number. And there is a difference in not caring and actually not caring. You shouldn't not care to the point of letting yourself go and not taking care of your body; but every person is different, every shape is different, and every person should be able to feel good about the way that they look. Even though I am post baby, I can feel pretty in a size 13 jeans. I can come home and my husband can think I look so good in those jeans and not even know the number on the tag and wouldn't even care.

I ended up buying 3 pairs of jeans yesterday and I came home and felt like I actually looked good in every pair of them. Who cares what size?? I am a mom to a beautiful daughter and that is reason enough to go up in pant sizes. :)                          











No comments:

Post a Comment