Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Brother

Last night we got to pick up Preston from the airport. I am sad to say that the only pictures that I have are on my phone. I posted one to facebook so I am going to try to steal it back to put on here. Anyways. It was quite a trip to get there. I picked Spencer up from work at about 3:30 and we headed to the airport. It took us sooooooo long to get there and even longer to figure out how to get to the parking garage. NOT fun. I hate driving if I don't know where I am going. We got close to getting in an accident twice because we were making last minute decisions on which direction to go and basically, it made me a bit grumpy. We finally found it and headed in with the rest of the family. We sat at the terminal gate for a long time waiting for him. We finally realized that we should have been standing at the International arrivals gate which was just right by where we were, but if we hadn't remembered that he was coming in from MEXICO (and seen another family with posters waiting in a different spot) we might have missed it! He had to walk all the way from the back of the airport so it took forever for him to come out. People just kept coming and still no Preston. Finally the moment of truth arrived and he walked out. Kathy ran up with Tatum and gave him a huge hug and everybody started going crazy and screaming. It was so fun! He came over and started hugging everybody and we took some pictures. I have never been to a welcome home at the airport before but I am excited to do that with my brothers (and maybe sister) when they come home from their missions. Preston looked great and it was so fun watching the brothers run up and hug him and get so excited!!! They even had him do the 'dad moon walk' within 10 minutes of being there. He did and the boys all laughed and laughed. They are so excited to have their brother back.
Mom didn't want to let go of Preston's arm and Tatum NEVER left his side the ENTIRE night. They are already best buds.


Ignore my GIGANTIC pregnant belly! No more pictures from the side!!!! :) So glad to have the whole family together for the first time ever! (Well, with me in it...)

We went to Arriba's for dinner and we were not so thrilled with the service. We had a really long wait, then they finally got us seated and they didn't even take our drink orders for a good 30 minutes. After that it was almost an hour before we got to order our food. They were pretty grouchy and they were not super nice. It was still fun though because Spencer and I sat across from Preston so they got to talk in Spanish and it was fun to see Spencer interacting with Preston. We went to the stake center and Preston got released (it was very anti climactic. He went into the office, came out about 10 minutes later and the stake president said, "He's done. He's back to Preston now." I thought he would do it with all of us there...that is apparently what they did for Spencer). We actually went home after that because it was already 10:00 and it had been a long night on my feet...I was EXHAUSTED. I am excited to get to know my new brother in law (again!) and for Spencer to get to have his brother back.

It makes me sad to think that in just 6 short months Hunter could be gone! I have really grown to LOVE my brother in laws and I think it will be hard to keep saying goodbye to them one after another...I can't even imagine how their mother feels!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment