Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Idaho Wedding :)

This past weekend we went to Idaho for Spencer's best friend Jackson's wedding! I was a last minute tag along but I am so glad I went! It was seriously so much fun and it was amazing to get out of the heat for even just a day (apparently I picked the wrong weekend though seeing as though it's supposed to hit 117 on Saturday...). Anyways!

Friday after work Spencer came home, we packed, waited for Jordan (Spencer's other friend that was coming), and headed to the airport. We made good time and everything was super easy going. When we got to the airport Spencer and I decided that we were going to upgrade our tickets to first class. It was only $20 a person and there is more leg room and you get more snacks. (In hind sight I would have done that on the way home because I was WAY more tired and swollen on the way back than on the way there but it was still really nice). We played UNO almost the whole way and it was fun to get to spend some quality time with my hubby :). The flight attendant that was serving us in first class was really funny. He learned our drink orders really quick and when he came by a little ways in to give us refills we were playing UNO and taking up the spots where the drinks go...he laughed. At the end of the flight he came back and said, "Who won?" I asked him which time and he said, "No, you say I did. If you didn't win, you should have cheated!" haha funny. He also asked me how my belly was doing and told me that I looked great. Needless to say, I liked him! We landed and went to pick up our rental car. It was going to be about $50 because we were all under 25 so we had to pay an extra fee. The lady asked if we wanted to upgrade to a mustang for only $10. Spencer and I both said no and Jordan looked at us in disgust and said, "How are we not doing this???" Eventually we caved and ended up driving around a 2013 Mustang. It ended up causing me so much anxiety that I was so so so so SO excited to give the keys back with the car in one piece....Oy.


We got to our hotel, checked in and went to bed around 12. Spencer and I both woke up around 7:00 and I took a bath. I ironed both boys church clothes and Spencer and I brushed our teeth. At this point, Jordan was still sleeping....we wanted to wait for him to go eat breakfast but it was getting really hard to wait. We had almost decided to just leave him and then he woke up. We got to the temple with plenty of time to spare (always a relief...we missed his cousins sealing because we were like 5 minutes late) and got to see Jackson and Celeste sealed for time and ALL eternity! I have not been to the temple in a long time so it was really nice to be there, with Spencer, and feel the wonderful spirit that comes in holy places like the temple.

The groomsmen. Chauncey, Jordan, and Spencer

The new Beazer family! Jackson and Celeste


We did all of the regular wedding stuff...pictures, pictures, pictures...and then went to the luncheon. We were there for a long time and it was fun because Jackson and Celeste actually came and sat at our table and hung out with us the whole time. There were a few of their friends that had driven from Utah there too so I think their family was ok with letting them mingle a bit with us. We stayed for a while after everyone left just talking (we are in another state with only about 2 hours to kill and no idea what to do with them since we are all in church clothes). Spencer, Jordan, and I ended up going to Fuddruckers (Jordan and I are both really picky eaters and didn't like much of the food at the luncheon so we were both hungry) and the other half of the group I think went to a park and took a nap...? Not quite sure what they did. We met up for a few more pictures and then went to the reception. It was so beautiful outside that day. We were outside for a LONG time and I never even got sweaty!! The highest it got was 80* and there was a nice breeze the whole day. The reception was beautiful and we had a fun time sitting and chatting. We had to leave early to make our flight and we thought we were barely going to make it. We made it with flying colors though and had a very uneventful flight home (uneventful because I slept the whooooooole way). We had about a 30-45 minute delay once we were on the plane while they were waiting for paper work so my feet got even more swollen than they already were. Spencer let me put my feet up on him (he said he saw them and he felt so bad for me that he just let me do it...haha what a nice guy!). The same flight attendant was on the flight home and he came over to us and asked us why we were coming back already. We explained we were just here for a wedding. He totally remembered our drink orders and brought them to us :). I am also pretty sure that in coach you are only supposed to get one drink but he came back and saw mine was gone and asked if I wanted another. Being pregnant has it's perks! Spencer's mom picked us up and we went home.

It was such a short trip but I really loved it a lot. I got to see Spencer interacting with his 3 best friends (I had never seen them all together before) and I got to enjoy some sun without dying! It was even a bit chilly when we were going to our hotel that night! I was in heaven. I told Spencer that eventually we should get a summer home there...we will see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment