Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Blessings are such a blessing





I am sad to admit that I have not been handling pregnancy well the past couple of weeks. I have been hurting and have been extremely emotional. I have honestly just felt sad all of the time. I keep breaking down and I have been crying a TON. I feel so bad for my poor husband. He never knows what to do when I just randomly start crying. He doesn't even usually know what it's about so he just freaks out. Poor guy.

Last night was another one of those nights (and let me tell you, I'm getting REALLY sick of those nights...). My body was aching, my feet were SO swollen and no matter what I did they wouldn't go down. I was also really tired and it was too hot in the apartment to cook dinner. I was a wreck. Spencer made cookies :). Those helped out a little bit, but really I just laid in bed and tried to get comfortable. By the time I was almost ready to go to sleep Spencer came and laid with me in bed. I started crying. He just kept telling me how sorry he was and that he wished he could help. I told him, "I think I want you to give me a blessing."
*I have been wanting one for a few days but have just not felt like asking for one*

He asked what I wanted a blessing for and I just told him that I just needed a blessing of comfort to help me handle things better than I had been. I just needed that little extra push to get me through that really can only come from heaven. He told me he would and he did. It was a really amazing blessing. I needed it so badly. He said things in that blessing that really made me realize that I can handle these last couple of months and that everything is going to be ok. I love that my husband is someone who is worthy, willing, and always ready to give me a blessing when I need one. I love that I can ask him for one and he will give it to me, even if he doesn't feel prepared. I love that he is in tune with the spirit and can listen to Heavenly Father and tell me the things that I know Heavenly Father wants me to hear. Spencer is such a blessing in my life and so was the blessing he gave me last night. I already feel so much better today. I just know that I have so many people I can turn to if I need comfort, that I have a husband who is always there and willing to help, and that I have a loving Father in Heaven and a Savior who are constantly helping me and are there to support me at any moment and every moment. I love the Gospel and am so grateful for the role it plays in my life.



Spencer and I are speaking in church on Sunday about how we can show our love for Heavenly Father. At this point in my life, all I can really think about is my beautiful daughter that I am about to bring into this world. My daughter is his daughter though, and one way that I can show my Heavenly Father that I love him is to take care of myself (his daughter) and to bring this baby girl into the world and take care of her. I am going to focus on that from now on and really remember that I am a daughter of God and that Heavenly Father knows me, he loves me, and he is willing to help me as long as I ask. I am so so grateful for this sweet experience with my husband and my Heavenly Father last night. I know that the Lord blesses us through the power of the priesthood and I know that the words that are said in blessings from worthy priesthood holders are the words of God. I love my Heavenly Father and I am grateful to think of him this father's day as well as my earthly father. I am so blessed.

1 comment: