Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Baby on the Brain

This past week has been really full of baby things. My aunt Sherry had her baby on Monday and we stayed with their kids Sunday night because she was getting induced at 3 a.m. It was so exciting waiting for the text that said that my cousins had a new baby sister! She had her at 11:30 a.m. and named her Lucy Mae Shumway. I am so in love with that name. She is BEAUTIFUL. I am seriously so in love with her. I had the kids the whole day so it was pretty long but we went and saw baby Lucy and I could not stop staring at her. I can't believe that in 6 weeks something that perfect and beautiful will be coming out of me....and I will get to KEEP her! All to myself! (I guess Spencer can have her too...but that's IT!)

I have started getting pretty nervous about delivery and once the baby comes. It's just coming so fast! I feel like I will be so yucky and not feeling good afterwards, and I'm sure that's true, but I saw my aunt 4 hours after she had her baby and she looked totally fine. She was happy! I hope I'm like that! When I held Lucy I totally started tearing up. I think the pregnancy hormones got to me. I just kept trying to imagine that little baby curled up in a ball inside of my stomach. My little girl is in there and she looks like a person! She is going to be absolutely perfect and I seriously cannot wait. I actually went back the next day with my mom and saw her again. Babies are wonderful :)

I had my doctor's appointment today and got to hear our little girl's heartbeat. She has a regular heartbeat, I'm looking fine, and she's head down! That's a huge relief. I pretty much already could tell that she was but it's nice to hear from a professional. I am up a lot of pounds since I got pregnant and I think I need to start being careful with what I eat. I don't feel like I'm getting much bigger though...I seriously think it's water weight because I am starting to feel swollen. My feet and ankles are ALWAYS swollen now...they never go all of the way back to normal at night, plus I saw a picture of myself from last weekend and decided that my face IS in fact getting a bit chubby....dang it!

I have 42 days until my due date and I am really hoping it's less than that! I am not going to get my hopes up....my friend that did that ended up going two days over her due date and was in labor for 48 hours. Don't want that to happen.

We are picking up Spencer's brother Preston from the airport this afternoon so there will be a post on his homecoming soon! Everyone is so excited and I am really excited to see how he fits into the family dynamic. I actually knew him before I knew Spencer but I have never seen them together! This should be so fun :).

2 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with getting a fuller face! Part of the pregnancy experience! You are beautiful, chubby face or not :)

    ReplyDelete