Monday, July 1, 2013

Crazy Family Weekend!

This has honestly been one of the busiest weeks of my life! It has been nice being busy but I am exhausted!

-Wednesday we picked up Spencer's brother from the airport and went out to dinner: home by about 10:30.
-Thursday Spencer came home from work a little early and we went to the Hons for an hour or so and played rock band and then went and saw "The Wiz" at the QCPAC. (If you have nothing to do tonight...go see the last show!):Home by about 10:30.
-Friday we were supposed to go to a game night with some friends but we had made a plan for Spencer's brothers to spend the night. That fell through so Spencer and I went to grandma's house, had pizza, and watched Warm Bodies (actually a really good movie!). Home by about 11.
-Saturday morning was my baby shower! It was so fun and I really am so crazy blessed with how many wonderful gifts I got and I had so many people come that I couldn't even talk to everyone! I am so excited for my baby girl to come now!!! :) After my shower I had 3 of my close friends stay and swim. After that we went to the Hons and they boys played games and I kinda hung out. After dinner we went home. It was about 7. Spencer almost fell asleep. I did everything in my power to keep him up and finally he woke up a little. I then proceeded to fall asleep by like 8:30.
-Sunday morning was Spencer's brother's homecoming talk. They have church at 8:00 and the boys had to practice their musical number beforehand so we were there by 7:45. They had a breakfast right after for family and friends and we got to spend more time with the family. We still had to go to our church at 1:00 to teach our primary class and then Spencer had Home teaching at 4:00. As soon as Spencer got back we headed out to my parent's house for family dinner. We were there until 9:00 and then went and picked up Spencer's brothers because they were spending the night (for reals this time). We came home to watch a movie and I was asleep within about 30 minutes.
-Today we are going over to Spencer's aunt's house to swim!

Anyways...This is kind of boring but there is too much that has happened to really go into detail. Basically all you need to know is that it has been a lot of days of up early, to bed late! My pregnant body is starting to argue with me about this new schedule since I don't really sleep very well anyways. Yesterday everyone kept asking me if I had been crying which I had NOT! I actually haven't cried in DAYS!!! (I know...big accomplishment).

One funny story from yesterday...

As we were getting ready to leave my mom's house after dinner I couldn't find my phone. I searched everywhere. I knew it could really only be in one of two places but I couldn't find it in either one. We finally had someone call it and made everyone be quiet so we could hear it vibrate. Well, we found it. It was down in the couch. There is still more to the story though because you see...apparently my parents have some really high quality furniture. The cushions don't come off and the inside is made of boxes of wood. Even the skinniest of hands (Whitley and Katelyn) couldn't get down deep enough to get it. We took the staples out of the felt on the bottom and found out that we couldn't get to it that way. My dad came in to help and that's when it got funny because they are rolling the couch around, my dad is laying with it on top of him, the entire family is in the living room, and I am getting missed call after missed call from Spencer! (He had to keep calling it over and over so that we could know where exactly in the couch my phone was. Eventually my dad rescued my phone!!!!! I don't really know how, he just says "patience and stubborn". I am very grateful to have it back...I was getting really nervous!!! The moral of the story? Don't get your phone stuck in the couch at my parent's house because it will be exactly that...STUCK!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment