Monday, July 8, 2013

July 4th Festivities

This 4th of July was a fun one! I am still so surprised every time I do something with my husband at how much more fun he makes it! I am so glad I have him to drag around :). Anyways. Spencer worked for a total of about a day and half last week...some by choice and some by default! He had off the 4th so we spent the morning just relaxing and making cookies to take up to Payson for our big family party. Spencer and I were driving up with Grandma and were leaving at about noon. We got to her house, packed up her car, and headed out to grab lunch and get gas. While we were at the gas station, Stephen (my brother) called grandma and told her he got off early and wanted to come with us. We went back to grandma's house and waited for him to come. The drive was easy and quick and we got to Payson by like 3:30. Payson was beautiful and I was so happy to be out of the extreme heat for a day. We sat and talked, Spencer played with the little kids, and we ate dinner. Dad always cooks hamburgers and hot dogs for everybody.

The fireworks started at 9:00 and they are always a good show! They shoot up right over the little lake in the middle of the park. The puppy was not so happy about the fireworks so dad had to lay on her and talk to her the whole time to keep her from bolting. We left a little bit before the show was over so we could get out of the park before all of the madness began...we still got stuck in it though. We had decided before we left that we were going to stay at the cabin with my parents that night so we wouldn't have to drive home super late. We got to the cabin and it was SO HOT. Luckily we had a fan but it was making me feel sick to my stomach...plus I already felt kind of sick just normal so it was not a good combination. About midnight I started feeling really yucky. I thought I was going to throw up but ended up....well....clearing myself out a different way. It was so stressful and I couldn't make myself feel better. Luckily I have my sweet husband who will rub my arm until I fall asleep.

The next morning we got up, ate muffins and toast for breakfast, and packed up the car. We drove back to the valley, but not without a stop at Alfonso's. (If you have never been there...look it up. It is AMAZING and reasonably priced Mexican food. We got breakfast burritos :) ) We got home right around lunch time and then got to chill for the rest of the day.

That night we had a game night with our normal group of friends plus Spencer's twin cousins and their wives. It was SO MUCH FUN!! I love hanging out with our friends. I can't wait until I have my baby and then we will all have one to play with :). The next night we were back at the Hons playing games.

It has been really fun hanging out at the Hons lately (Not that it wasn't before), but since Preston has been home I have somebody that's my age to hang out with. I love hanging out with Spencer but then the next boy just barely turned 18.They aren't necessarily immature...they are just their age. It's fun to have somebody that knows some of the same people as me and is more in my age group. It's a nice addition to the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment