Thursday, July 30, 2015

Andrew Nicholas Crawford

Whitley had her baby!!! :) I figured I would write as much of her birth story as I knew and get her pictures somewhere that she could see them and post if she wants.

She had super short, intense labor that lasted about 5 hours total. She went from "almost a two" at her appointment Wednesday morning, to a 4 by 7:30 (7 hours after she took castor oil) and a 10 and ready to push by about 10:00! The doctor got in around 10:30 and Andrew was born at 11:32 pm. It was all so fast but exciting! Whitley and baby both did great and everyone is healthy and happy and I am finally an AUNT!! It was such a huge honor to be there with her and take her pictures! I think that being there when this sweet boy was born was almost as great as when my own daughter was born! There is just something amazing about a newborn.

Here are some pictures!
Post epidural. She was much happier, but she was freezing! She was in an igloo of blankets!

Once Whitley got her epidural, her contractions got farther and farther apart and so pushing didn't go as quickly as it could! As you can see by daddy's face :)
 But once baby was born, it was all smiles :) *side note: I really wanted to get dad's first reactions when he was born, but the space to stand was very limited and next to dad was the only place I wasn't in the way!*


He was such a swollen thing. Little swollen lips, hands, head. But so sweet!

Mommy and baby boy

The happy family!!! :)
Dad got to cut the cord! 




 My sweet little nephew!! He always has his hands up by his face :)



This is my favorite picture I got of him! 

 He makes the saddest little pouty face! Whitley is in trouble for sure!!


 His gums look like he almost already had buck teeth! And when he cries he flashes them to the world. So funny!

 Mommy loving on her boy :) She is already such a good mom!



Me and mom finally cleared out so Nick could see his son! They had some time as a family with Andrew while they took in his new sweet self!


They took a long time to clean him up and get him weighed because they wanted to leave him ON mom for at least an hour after he was born! We all anxiously awaited the number on that scale and were so shocked to see that the chubby baby we all thought was big was actually only a tiny little 6 lb 7 oz and 19 inches long!

I love that you can see the reflection of his face in the plastic. So much baby love going on right now!



 This kid mellowed out like crazy once they got him under that light. He sucked on his hand, closed his eyes, and just laid there. I think he liked being warm :)


Had to sneak in a picture with my new little nephew! He looks like ET :)

Nick took pictures of his first bath in the hospital this morning. What a cute little towel Eskimo!! :)


I am so in love with this baby! He makes the funnies expressions, has got the Elvis lip down, and smells SO GOOD!! I could kiss his little (red/blonde/brown) head all day!!! I'm so glad I got to share this day with Whitley and I cannot wait to go back again and again to see him! 



Brynlee loved meeting her first and favorite baby cousin! She would unwrap him, look at his fingers and face, and they bundle him back up (face and all!) and say, "No want him". She sure loves babies!


And I kinda like him too!! :) I am and forever will be his favorite aunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment