Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas 2013

This was Brynlee's first Christmas and it was so fun!! It was crazy and long but full of so much family and laughter.

Christmas eve eve Spencer and I took a trip to wal mart to fill each others stockings. I know it's last minute, but there just weren't enough days in December! It was really fun. Spencer took forever but ended up doing an amazing job! Christmas eve I tried to clean up the house a bit and then Spencer got to come home from work early! That's always a fun surprise! We went to my parents house for our annual Christmas eve festivities! Yummy dinner, a Christmas book, "Oh, Holy night", Christmas ornaments and jammies, and Arthur's perfect Christmas! We got jammies this year and so I wrapped them and we took them to open with everyone else. I even wrapped Brynlee her pair that she had already worn a couple of times. She will never know! ;) it was really fun and Brynlee was very well behaved.

Christmas morning was so fun. Last year for Christmas we got a new TV so Christmas morning wasn't that big of a deal. Spencer got me a couple of things but mostly it was low key. This year we filed each others stockings and got gifts for each other. It was so much more fun this way! Plus, I had Brynlee which made it even more fun! We started off with stockings.

Spencer: a cool cup, some hot wheels cars, avocados, salsa con queso, pirouette cookie things, gum and cough drops I found laying around the house (funny story), and a three pack of hot sauce.

Chelsey: coloring book, twistable colored pencils and a pack of Crayons, scrapbook paper and stickers, mascara and hair clips, nail polish and lip gloss, cool rubber straws, three candy Canes of candy, skittles, two things of body soap, and I feel like there was more but I can't remember... :/

Brynlee: a new bottle, baby food, a brush and comb, and bath toys.

We opened gifts and Spencer continued to spoil me. He got me a speaker for my phone, an external hard drive, a game we have been wanting for the wii, and a puzzle.

I got Spencer Star Wars Legos, a new pair of shoes, a game for his 3Ds, and a 3DS (he got that early).

We started or own tradition this year and it worked out so good! Christmas morning we eat santa pancakes!!


We went to grandma green's house around 10. We had lots of fun, opened gifts, and the family played corn hole. We got so many amazing gifts. I am truly so grateful. My favorite gift I got was a SEWING MACHINE!! Now I just need to figure out how to work it... Spencer got a massage certificate, a key finder, and a cool ASU shirt.  (We both got a LOT more than that but these were a few of the favorites). Brynlee got SPOILED. She got books, a high chair, a stroller, toys, clothes... Holy cow.

Afterwards we went to grandma Greer's! It's always a party when the Greers get together! The Mountain of presents is a sight to see! All the of us got spoiled AGAIN.  We honestly didn't even have room in our car to take all of our gifts home from the day. Brynlee got tons of cute clothes and fun toys, I got tons of cute clothes and jewelry, Spencer got a soccer ball and basketball, we got gift cards and movie cups, and so much more! We really are so lucky to have such amazing families.

We headed home after a long night and got a good night's rest.

I think it was a successful Christmas!!










No comments:

Post a Comment