Wednesday, September 4, 2013

September...it's already exciting!

September has already been full of adventure! Well, not really. But I have gotten a bunch accomplished!

September 1st: Brynlee was blessed on Sunday. We spent the entire day with family and I got to see my sweet husband give my beautiful daughter a blessing! It was a pretty amazing day.

September 2nd: Labor day! That means no school OR work for Spencer. That means from Friday night until Tuesday morning, I had Spencer all to myself! Well, actually Saturday Spencer had the boys over for some big game night thing so I went to dinner and milkshakes with my mom and dad, but other than that, he was MINE!! It was a bit unfortunate that he has been sick for a while, he's not as fun that way...but at least he is still home! We went bowling and to lunch with the Hons. Spencer and I did awesome right when we got there and then I started sucking and he kept doing awesome. Then we went out to lunch and ran some errands. It was a long day but I loved it :).

September 3rd: Spencer has long school on Tuesdays (until 10:00). Tuesday morning I cleaned up Brynlee's room (it was a disaster!!!) did my paperwork. Grandma and I went and got her groceries and then we hung out at her house until dinner. We came back to my house and ate, and she helped me clean my house. Our place has not been all the way clean since we moved in. I am not good at finding places for things. I always think that I am going to need it or just really can't find a place that makes sense for it in my brain so I leave it in the living room...it was time to change that. It got worse once Brynlee was born...adding all of the baby stuff into an already unorganized home is a death sentence for cleanliness! Luckily, my AMAZING grandma came to my rescue. We probably spent over 3 hours cleaning my whole house. I went through all of my junk baskets that were laying around, I swept and vacuumed, I cleaned up my room (most of Brynlee's stuff is out of there now, we even moved her bassinet to the living room and converted it back to the pack n play), and even did 2 loads of laundry. I have not seen my house this clean in ages and it makes me feel so good!!! I am so glad grandma was patient enough to come help me. (To be honest, she probably did more cleaning than me...)

September 4th: Today was just a fun relaxing day. I took Spencer to work, I went to Grandma's house and watched the snitch (actually a pretty good movie), then went out to my mom's to hang out for the rest of the day. It's always fun hanging out with mom. She's nuts. I love her to death though! And she made cookies so that's always a bonus. I tried to get my car aligned but we are having some issues with that...(add it to the list of issues that our car has!). Brynlee has been really fussy all day and has been eating every 2 hours or less...maybe she is having a growth spurt!?

September 5th: Tomorrow is my 6 week doctor's appointment! I am really excited to go and make sure that everything is healing ok and see if I am ok to go swimming again! (I have been dying to go swimming...) I also am going to Amy's house to work on invitations for Whit's bridal shower and introducing my baby to one of my best friends in the whole world...McKenzie!!! While her reason for being here is somewhat sad, I'm glad I get to see her. I want to see her as many times as I can before December.

So all in all, it's been a crazy few days! I am excited for what this month will bring and I am excited to see my little baby growing! She is fitting into pants that used to fall off of her and her cheeks just keep getting bigger and bigger! We are a happy family. We are working through the struggles of life, but we are doing it with a smile and we are doing it together :).

She literally does this on her own...a perfect little angel :)



She tucks her knees up and had her bum so high in the air! It makes her toot too. So cute.

1 comment: