Thursday, March 28, 2013

One year and still kickin!

It's a little late but I think that I should document our one year anniversary!! I cannot believe that it has been a year since I married my best friend in the entire UNIVERSE!! It has been a really fun year and one of lots of trials, lots of happiness, and lots of love. I'm not going to do an entire post about how much I love him because I think I have already done like 3 of those :). I will just document our activities from the actual day. We got up and of course said Happy Anniversary to each other and just sorta hung out. I had a bridal shower for my dear friend April at 10:30 so I got ready to go and left Spencer to do some homework while I was gone. I got back around 12:30 and Spencer and I took off to go to lunch and a movie. We went to Wetzel's Pretzels (I know...but it's SO GOOD!) and then went and saw 'The Croods'. It was a super cute and funny movie and I think both of us would highly recommend it! It was awesome...except for the kid sitting behind us that decided it was funny to repeat every single thing they said in the movie right after they said it. Oh gosh...Spencer was not happy. He kept reaching over and squeezing my leg in frustration and I just kept telling him to calm down and that it was all going to be ok. Luckily for us he stopped about halfway through. After the movie we went home and I was seriously tired. Being pregnant makes me so sleepy. By early afternoon, I am just exhausted. No matter if I do a TON or just lay on the couch....I need a nap. I slept for a while and Spencer took the car to Wal Mart to get the oil changed. I know. It was a pretty romantic day. After he got back it was about dinner time but neither one of us really felt like eating dinner. We DID however feel like eating Bahama Bucks! We had a buy one get one coupon so we decided to go. It was CRAZY in there! We probably waited over 30 minutes before we had our shaved ice. We took it to go and went to a park right by our house. We brought a blanket and just decided to lay and look at the starts. The only actual romantic part of the whole day. We just sat and talked about the past year and all the things that have happened...how much we can't see our lives without each other...and what the future holds. It was so nice. We might have both cried a little bit. We also spent some time talking about our daughter, the things we want for her, and how much we both already love her so much even though she isn't even born. I never thought I would get emotional talking about her before she was born but let me tell you...I did! It was absolutely perfect. I am so lucky for both my husband and my baby girl. I don't know what I would do without either one of them at this point. It got cold and kinda uncomfortable on the hard ground (plus these people kept walking by walking their dog...awkward! We kept talking kinda loud so they wouldn't think we were like sitting there making out or anything) so we went home. Spencer gave me a massage and I fell asleep. It was a perfect day and I could not have asked to spend it in a better way. It was not a typical day. We spent a total of about $20 for the whole day, but it was perfect. I LOVE SPENCER HON!!!
























1 comment: