Thursday, April 4, 2013

Happy Birthday!!

Today is one of my favorite people's birthday! MY GRANDMA!! 

She is pretty much one of my best friends and I know...that sounds funny. I always have to explain to people when I say I am going to hang out with my grandma or am spending time with my husband at my grandma's house that she's not like most grandmas....she's a COOL grandma!! She has more spunk and life than any  grandma I have ever met! She hangs out with me, shops with me (usually I am ready to go home before she is), eats food with me, does puzzles with me, does yoga with me (well ok....that was only like once), laughs with me, and so much more!! Since I got married and moved closer to her, we have been so much closer. I see her at least once a week if not more! So far this week, I have seen her Today, yesterday, Tuesday, and Monday...so yeah...every day! I am so glad to live so close to her and be able to spend so much time with her. Last night I was thinking about what I should get my awesome grandma for her birthday. I came up with a big fat nothing! What do you get someone that you see so often and that you do stuff with all the time. I ended up with a better idea than a gift. I decided I wanted to heart attack her house. She was out to dinner with her friends last night so Spencer and I made up a TON of hearts and headed over there. We hung them up all over her kitchen, living room, dining room, and even some in her bedroom. It was so fun and I was so excited for her to get home and see it! Why is it that doing stuff for people makes you feel so good??? It was seriously all I could think about until I fell asleep last night, and then again first thing this morning! I love my grandma so much and I don't know what I would do without her. She is pretty much the only person (besides my husband and my sister) that thinks I am as funny as I really am and that will laugh at almost every single one of my jokes! She has amazing fashion sense, can sew amazingly, is ok at puzzles ;), and makes me happy to be alive!!! :) I took pictures of her house with hearts all over but they are on my phone and hard to get onto here...plus not that great of quality. Just imagine paper hearts...everywhere!

This morning she gave me a call and thanked me for the hearts. We ended up going to breakfast (at 10:30) so she could get her free food and then ran to the mall to find me a cute swimsuit. I ended up finding an actual maternity one for as much as a top cost at walmart. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. It's super cute and I'm really happy to have a comfortable swimsuit. And I even think I will be able to wear it if I'm not pregnant so DOUBLE SCORE!!

Anyways. I just love my grandma to bits! :)

1 comment:

  1. You are certainly a lucky gal!! (I guess that makes me pretty lucky too ♥)

    ReplyDelete