Monday, April 29, 2013

100 days!

It has been WAY too long since I blogged and I feel like with how fast all of this baby stuff is coming and going I should be documenting it in some way so later when I look back on my pregnancy, I remember how things actually were and not just the way that my brain with romanticize it (which is usually what happens).

So first of all. I am so excited to have only 100 DAYS LEFT!!! Can you even believe how fast this is going. I am almost in my third trimester and I am 26 weeks ish (technically not until Wednesday but every time she has been measuring a few days ahead so in my brain, my weeks start on Monday). My belly is growing like crazy and I am starting to feel the aches and pains of pregnancy. My back hurts...a LOT! Even when I lay down, it still just hurts. I don't know if it's the way I am carrying this little bundle of joy or if my body is just not used to carrying this much weight around, I don't know. But still, that is such a tiny thing compared to some of the horror stories I have heard so I am counting my blessings. I also have been eating like a mad woman. I know that is probably bad, but I don't eat a lot at once, I just feel like eating ALL day long... I try to eat some healthy foods, but really, even my healthy foods aren't that healthy. (aka: strawberries, apples, chocolate milk, carrots *with ranch*). Really though, I am pretty proud of the way that my body is handling the weight gain and my new voluptuous figure. I have mostly just gained weight in my tummy (and apparently  a little in my butt according to my mother). I still fit in my shoes, most of my clothes, and am still wearing my wedding ring. I have had a couple of sick days where I just have been....sick. Luckily, I have my amazing husband who will rub my back until I fall asleep when I wake up in the night with a stomach ache or will get me anything I need. He seriously is the best. I don't know what I would do without him. I have had so much more energy lately as well. I just want to be outside, be doing things, be with people, and be more active. This is a very good thing! Except that I don't usually have a car to go do things or people to do them with. This leaves me at home often just wishing that I had somewhere to go. Hopefully once summer starts, some of my friends will be less busy and can hang out with me a little bit more.

The baby is SO ACTIVE. I don't think she ever sleeps!! (except when I am trying to take a video of my stomach moving when she kicks...then she seems to settle down. camera shy? already???). It's starting to get to the point where it doesn't just feel like a little kick anymore...it actually feels like an elbow or a foot or something pushing and moving around inside of me. More than once she will move right on my hand or arm and I actually will pull my arm away because it startles me. I love it....but it grosses me out sometimes Like....there is a human living inside of me, kicking, flipping, punching....and in just 100 days she will be outside of me. It's a lot to take in!!!  I love that she moves so much though. For a long time, I was always so nervous that something was wrong because I wasn't feeling sick anymore but I wasn't feeling her move yet. I just had to hope and pray that everything is ok. Now, I know. I know everything is ok because she lets me know regularly! This is such a blessing and I am so grateful. I have had a couple of people recently who have gotten some really bad news and I am just so grateful that my little baby is ok. My heart and prayers go out to those who have ever had to receive bad news or who have gone through something that no mother should ever have to go through. I hope that I never have to go through that.

On a happier note. I get to go to the doctor on Wednesday! I never thought I would say these words, but I LOVE going to the doctor! I love to hear my baby's heartbeat, to hear that she is growing at the right pace and is right on track, and to know that I am doing fine as well. It is such a bright spot in my month. I look forward to it! I can't wait until/if I get another ultrasound! I have a friend who is in OB school and has offered to give me a free ultrasound at her school if I want to come in! I really want to. The only problem is her hours are very limited and I usually don't have a car. If I do have a car, I am usually busy all afternoon babysitting. I might just have to wait a bit longer. I figured that the best way to show you all (the maybe 4 people that read my blog) how my pregnancy has been going is to just show how quickly my tummy has gotten big.
15 weeks....back when I thought I was getting a belly. HA!

18 weeks

21 weeks. I must have been full that day or something because it seems like it gets smaller into week 22...

22 weeks

23 weeks

24 weeks (This shirt is my favorite pregnancy buy...besides the maternity pants)

25 weeks and only getting bigger!
Thanks for reading this if you do! It's mostly just my journal, but I love letting people know what is going on with my life! People keep asking me if we have a name picked out yet...and we have a couple that are tentative, but we are not setting it in stone until she is born. So far they are Rylee and Reagan. We like them both and can't really fully decide yet.

My favorite comment that people have made so far has been, "Aww, you have a belly!" To which I respond in my brain, "Yep! Always have! Look! You have one too!" hahah
The one I have not loved keeps coming from my 13 year old sister. "You're getting big Chels." I know I'm getting big! And I don't even really feel that self conscious about it, it just bugs me that she says it every time she sees me. One other funny moment. My 18 year old sister was talking to one of her friends and was showing her some of my belly pictures and decided that my belly got big really fast. She shows me the pictures from the yellow shirt to the second blue one and says, "Look! In TWO weeks! It's huge! TWO weeks!!" to which I responded, "Yeah...I know!" It's like she didn't think I noticed that this thing under my boobs has been protruding at an alarming rate! haha I really love being pregnant though and all of these funny comments make it even better :).

 I have two friends that are pregnant too that I hang out with regularly. One is due on May 31. She is 10 weeks minus a day ahead of me. Then there is me. Then there is my other friend who is due in October (I can't remember the exact date) and she is 10 weeks behind me! (She is having her 2nd though). It's fun when we all hang out because we are all going through the same things and all like to talk about it. One friend's husband made a comment at a game night we had last weekend that they should start a reality TV show called "All our wives are pregnant" or something to that effect! It could be a hit don't you think?? :)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha.. They totally should make a reality show called "All Our Wives Are Pregnant".. Haha. Oh man that made me laugh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, sorry about the butt comment. I'm sure your pants were just super baggy that day. Besides, a little junk in the trunk never hurt anyone. Ü I'm glad you have been so good at taking pics, super cute!

    ReplyDelete