Saturday, May 18, 2013

Big changes :)

Actually, these changes aren't that big, but to me they feel HUGE!! I am so excited for them!

-SPENCER IS DONE WITH SCHOOL FOR THE SEMESTER!!!!!
I am seriously so excited. The last week of his school was really hard for me. Call me a wimp but I need my husband time and that week, I got absolutely none. I have hated one of his classes from the get go. It is an online physics class and his teacher was a little wacky. The worst part though is that his teacher made everything due on Sundays and half the time wouldn't put up everything they needed to complete the work until Saturday morning!! How unfair is that?! So for the last 15 weeks every Sunday has been filled with Spencer sitting doing homework the entire day while I sit and try to keep myself busy. I hated it so much! I do a lot better if he is actually away at school because then I know he is gone and will be back! When he is at home doing homework, I never know how long it is going to take, and I can't talk to him. He is sitting there right next to me and I have to try to pretend he isn't there. It was AWFUL. At the same time, it was nice to have him home. So I am very glad that the semester is over. I have at least a couple of weeks before he starts another semester (summer school.....yippee...) and we have gotten to spend a lot more time together. During that week of studying for finals I got really emotional and lonely. I would try to leave or do something with my Grandma so I wasn't just sitting there every  night being sad, but it was really really hard. By the end of the week, I was so just done that I broke down. Poor Spencer didn't even know why, he just came home and I was crying and then I cried myself to sleep. Poor guy. But now it's done and over :).

-Mother's Day was so much fun!
I have the sweetest husband in the world. I honestly do. Mother's Day morning I woke up to chocolate chip waffles and chocolate milk. He even made them all cute and had a bowl of powdered sugar and a scoop of butter on the plate. It was so cute :). The funniest part about this morning is that the night before I had talked about making cupcakes for our class as a reward for doing the little thing I sent home with them. I thought as I rolled over one time that Spencer was out there making the cupcakes. I started thinking about it and this was my thought process...
"....is he making the cupcakes?...."
"...he's probably going to make the mini cupcakes since that is all he has ever seen me make...."
"...I was going to make big cupcakes...."
"...oh well, I guess I should be grateful that he is making them for me..."
"...how many mini cupcakes do I give each girl?..."
And this is when I feel back asleep! It was a wonderful surprise to wake up to breakfast instead (I totally wasn't expecting it!) and still got to make the big cupcakes for the class!
I got a chocolate bar at church for being a mother (any girl over he age of 18) and I got chocolate covered strawberries at family dinner because I am a mother (for real this time). I also got to spend time with both of my amazing mothers and we Skyped Spencer's brother Preston who is on a mission in Mexico and coming home next month! Crazy!

-Washer and Dryer!
That's right folks, you heard it here first!! We finally have a washer and dryer! Well, we will in about an hour! My dad is picking them up and installing them this morning! This is one of the most amazing changes that we are experiencing. Since we have been married (14 months) we have not had a washer and dryer. We usually take our laundry over to Grandma's house and spend and entire day/night over there using hers. We love going over there and spending time with her, but since I have been getting a bigger belly and having to usually load up, wash, and reload up the laundry to haul it from here to there, it has been getting really difficult. We have had two different occasions where we thought we were getting them and it hasn't gone through so I was beginning to think it was never actually going to happen. Then, just Thursday I believe, my mom tags me in a post on Higley Friends alerting me of a woman selling hers for $400. I told her YES YES YES. We will take them. The lady responded and told me that she had a friend respond on her personal page first so she would get back to me by the end of the day if that was going to work. Well, I was pretty sure it wasn't going to work so I got all bummed again. I commented again that night just to see and she said they were MINE!! Such a happy day! I can't wait to wash our first load of laundry in our own apartment. I think having them will make this place seem even more like a home than it already does!!!

-New Decorations
Grandma and I took on a project a couple of weeks ago, and it turned out awesome! In my living room I have this really big brown wall. There is NOTHING on it. It looked really boring. I had been trying to figure out what to put there since we moved in and just haven't been able to find anything! Grandma came up with the idea that we should paint canvas to match the living room and hang them up on the wall. After lots of changing our ideas, two FULL days of working on them, and the moment when we had to make the first official mark of paint, we ended up with the coolest decorations in my whole house. It totally brought the whole room together and I absolutely LOVE them!!!! I also found the perfect fork and spoon pictures for my kitchen wall that I had been wanting and also ON SALE. Doesn't get much better than that. (pictures coming soon!)

-Baby Girl Hon
The other person that has been making a lot of changes is our sweet baby girl! She is getting so big and so forceful in my tummy. She is causing some aches and pains but mainly we just love her to bits! I am finally in my third trimester and start going to the doctor every two weeks now. I have had two ultrasounds in the past two weeks, one at a college that a friend of mine did, and another at my actual doctor's office for a growth ultrasound. I have loved looking at this little girl so much lately. It's fun to actually be able to see what she is doing in there! At my ultrasound on Thursday we got lots of good pictures and I learned that she weighs 2 lb 9 oz. In just about 6 oz and about another inch, she will be as big as my baby cousin Ezra was when he was born. That's crazy!!! I love her so much though and I am really just ready, especially after getting a 3D shot of her face, to hold her and love her and take care of her.


Baby girl's Nose and lips :)



The little white fuzzy stuff on the left of her head is hair :) Already sprouting! No wonder I have had such terrible heartburn!

The left of the picture is her head, the right thing is her foot and toes. She is curled up in a tiny little ball!




Baby's foot. Look how cute and tiny it is!
Our life has tons of fun changes happening right now. Even if they seem small or insignificant, it is making me really really excited! I love my life right now and I could not ask for better support, more loving family, a better husband, or anything else. I am happy and waiting to see what else is just around the corner!

3 comments:

  1. Two things: hubands' finals weeks are THE WORST. and second, I'm starting to be convinced that crying yourself to sleep is just a part of pregnancy because I have done that like once a week... Haha. Blah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true. The worst part about it though is the headache you wake up with!

      Delete