Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sometimes Everything Hurts

I'm going to try and not make this a negative post, but it's true! Sometimes, everything in your whole body hurts! Being pregnant takes a HUGE toll on your body and sometimes your body just has to have a day or two where it screams and yells and throws a temper tantrum before it settles back down and decides that it can finish what it started. Sunday was that day for me. Saturday night I fell asleep at 8 pm. That's right folks, I am officially one of those people. I never thought I would be back to my childhood bedtime but let's face it....I need my sleep! (this is where you can think to yourself "just wait!" or "enjoy it while you can!"....I understand). I slept until 8 am which is a huge deal because ever since we moved into the new house, I have not been able to sleep past about 7:15. I felt sort of sick that morning, just couldn't get going all the way. During church is when it got really bad and I started feeling it...everywhere. My back, my belly, and everywhere in between. Leaving church I just wanted to go home and take a nap. (Also a lame pregnancy side effect...you are tired at like 2:00 in the afternoon and need sleep!) When we got home, we ate lunch and Spencer found out that his home teaching companion just got out of the hospital so he needed a temporary one...ME! I was actually excited to go with him. We walked over (they live in our complex) and were there for over an hour. The couple we talked to is really nice and I'm excited to have made a new friend. They have one little boy and are barely older than us. That took up my nap time. When we got home, it was time to leave for Spencer's parent's house for dinner and Seminary Graduation for his little brother. I was so tired and hurting that I just laid on the ground for a while. When I tried to get up, I was in so much pain I just had to sit there for a minute and wait for everything to readjust so I could move. We got to dinner and ate really quickly so we could leave. Seminary graduation, while wonderful, might need to stop happening. It took over an hour and a half and there were not even desserts afterwards. I sat there pretty much dying the entire time trying to find a comfortable way to sit to relieve my aches and pains. When it was finally over, we went home and I fell asleep. It was a really rough day and all day I just kept thinking to myself, 'I know she is worth it, but right now it really doesn't feel like it!'. I know. I'm a terrible mother to be. But there are some things that people don't tell you about having a baby! I was not expecting to be in pain so much. I mean I guess I sort of did, but I have been really lucky so far to not have that problem so now that it's happening I am not very tolerant. I'm trying to be. Luckily for me I have my sweet husband who will rub my back or my feet, help me up when I'm hurting, and make sure that I am as comfortable as I can be. I am so grateful for him and all of his sacrifices. He is SERIOUSLY the best.

Monday was better. I woke up in not so much pain and was able to go watch my cousins for the day without any serious pain. Hopefully it stays that way! After such a rough day, it's hard to want to stay pregnant, especially when you don't know how long the pain is going to last...then I figured something out. I DO want to stay pregnant. I want this baby more than anything else in the world. I scrapbooked her ultrasound pictures yesterday and by the end of the day, I was filled with so much love for her that I couldn't even be mad about how badly my body hurt the day before. SHE was all that mattered. SHE is what is making this all worth while. SHE is worth every ache and pain my body can throw at me, and SHE is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love my sweet baby girl and I really can't wait to meet her!






I know...she already has too many clothes!







And tons of bows!
Looking at all of this baby stuff around her room and around our house, I get really really really excited!
Also, I finally took pictures that go with this post!

My grandma and I painted those canvas on the wall! Don't they match  amazingly well??? We did good!

Finally got my living room put together the way I like it :) And it only took 3 months!

My fork and spoon I got on sale! I really like them

OUR VERY OWN WASHER AND DRYER. They are being used as I type! :)

1 comment:

  1. You are the cutest Chelsey! Your house looks great! And oh my baby girl stuff!! So cute! Can't wait to meet your sweet baby girl! And you are absolutely the greatest ever...Taking care of my twins while you are growing her!! THANK YOU!! :)

    ReplyDelete