Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My Crazy Week

This week has been so NUTS! We have had something going almost every single night which makes this lady super tired!
















Last Wednesday was my brother-in-law Hunter's graduation. I was really excited that we could go support him and we even had awesome seats! They had chairs set up behind the graduates facing the stage and we had front row! (Spencer's mom won them in a silent auction or something, it was like VIP treatment!) That was super long and boring, as all graduations are, but we now have another high school grad in our midst! Congratulations Hunter!

Thursday: Hunter and his cousin Logan (who also graduated) had a party for all of their friends. I officially feel super old after going to that party. We mostly were there to be the secret-under-cover chaperones but I definitely felt my youth slipping away as all of these newly graduated seniors hung out together.
*On a side note: I remember feeling so mature when I graduated. I felt like I was an adult and that I was so much cooler than all of the kids younger than me. I know realize that I was still just as immature as they were! And NOW I am probably still super immature....I don't feel like it though :)*
That night was really chill but it was still a party!

Friday: Our first of 2 nights playing babysitter at my mom's. Her and my dad decided to go on a last minute cruise and somehow talked me into staying at their house! ;) It actually went really well that night. I brought over ice cream sandwiches and a movie that most of them hadn't seen and we all just sorta chilled.

Saturday: that morning we made breakfast burritos (with mashed up tater tots because there were no hash browns) and hung out until we decided to go to the pool. We had to wait in line for a little over 40 minutes before we got let in and we were up pretty close to the front. SO glad we left when we did. We swam and let me tell you...swimming+pregnant body=happiness. It felt so good to be in the water for 1. because it was hot outside and 2. because it takes all pressure off your back. I might need to get an indoor pool for my living room so I can just sit in it all day. After swimming, Spencer and I got to take the night off and spend some time with his best friend and his fiance and another couple playing games. His friend lives in Utah right now going to school but he happened to be in town helping his family move and wanted to see us (I know, we are so popular!). We played a game called Telestrations which I HIGHLY recommend to any group over the size of 6. It is a mix between pictionary and telephone. SO FUN. We also played catch phrase which is always a good time. We played boys vs girls and let me tell you...the boys had a really hard time staying calm. We spent most of the time laughing at them and their insane behavior. Poor Celeste (the fiance) got hit in the face 4 times by her man because he was flailing his arms around like a mad man. She eventually made him move to the other end of the couch! We had so much fun and are so excited for them to get married next month! That night we went back to my mom's and spent the night.

Sunday: we took the kids to church and then took a nap. Spencer's cousin Logan got his mission call Friday morning and they planned for him to open it Sunday night at 7:30. After I woke up from my nap, I went out to get an ice cream sandwich (from Friday) and came to the knowledge that the children had decided they were just there to eat whenever they wanted. I didn't even get one. That's when we left. I figured they would be better off without my raging hormones any longer. We went to the Hon's and stayed there until the mission call opening. We are so proud of Logan and his choice to serve a mission! He has been called to serve in Ecuador speaking Spanish! That night, Hunter and Hayden came home with us to spend the night and spend Memorial Day with us (since Spencer didn't have to work). They turned on a movie but I was pooped so I went to bed.

Monday: We got up and ate cinnamon rolls (because my husband rocks) and played Just Dance! For your entertainment, follow this link. Good times :). We went swimming and then had lunch. It was a super fun day with the boys and Spencer was so excited to spend some quality time with them. We had a family graduation party last night so we took the boys over to Grandma's and started yet another night of festivities. We had some really yummy pulled pork and other delicious food. I ate. A lot. I also learned something new: If you eat a lot, it makes your back hurt. I got so full, apparently, that my body couldn't even handle it. I felt so awful! I just sat on the couch and tried not to move! It really was a fun night with family though and then I fell asleep on the couch while we were watching the video of Hunter's life in pictures. Apparently I slept through opening presents, the guys watching a Diamond Backs game, and kids running and screaming everywhere. I'm telling you, this week wore me out! We had to stop by my mom's house to get my wedding ring (oh yeah...we almost lost my wedding ring on Sunday. It fell out of Spencer's pocket as we were getting in the car to leave my mom's house. Luckily I remembered that I didn't have it and we were able to send a child on a search mission. We found it :) ). I fell asleep when we got home and didn't wake up until morning.

Hopefully this week will be a little bit more calm, but let's face it...it probably won't! Good thing I have my amazing husband to take care of me and time during the day to nap. I thank my Heavenly Father for those two things every day :).

No comments:

Post a Comment