Thursday, May 8, 2014

Another little DIY!

I have loved being able to explore my crafty side! I saw somebody asking for ways to do a quiet book and started doing my research. I found this cute blog that gives ideas and templates and I decided to use some and make me one! I have made quite a few pages and it took me about 6 hours!
 So far, my supply list includes: 
felt
Velcro
hot glue
scissors
paper (there are different printable patterns but one girl's don't link so I had to copy them and enlarge them in word. They still worked great!

Here are some cute pages I made! I have more that I want to make but it will require some shopping (I didn't have the right colors of felt!) This book looks like it is going to last me a while and Brynlee loves it! So glad I can do these kinds of things! Also, a big thanks to my amazing Grandma who let's me use her hoarded stuff.
These flowers button on! I also put the rickrack on so that there are some other textures. This is for Brynlee's older book I am making. She can't quite button things yet.


I'm waiting to finish this page because I need some Velcro. It's supposed to be cookie dough, cookies and a pan/plates. The spatula has a Popsicle stick in it to make it firm. You either match the shapes or the colors :)


This one was fun! There is a little "garage" for the toy car. It can drive on the road!

This is the farm and pasture page! I love how the barn turned out. It is Brynlee's favorite page too!

I made little finger puppets for the farm. They are held in a little pocket in the barn or they can play on the grass!!
Brynlee couldn't really play with the car one yet or the cookies so I made her pages that are feeling (different kinds of ribbons) and colors (different kinds of fabric). She doesn't love it, but it's cute!


So I love this little lion page. Grandma helped me sew the mouth and around his head but the mane is made of different kinds of ribbons and lace! It's such a cute little feeling page!

        

SHE LOVES IT! It kept her quiet during dinner too! Yay for crafts!

1 comment:

  1. 6 hours?! I know I worked way longer on mine but yours turned out so cute! Well done Chelsey.

    ReplyDelete