Monday, August 12, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things



In no particular order:

-I love when someone else is holding Brynlee and she is crying, they give her back to me. And even though it sometimes most of the time (ok let's be honest) almost always stresses me out, I feel cool that I can calm her down. It's not because I have some special touch; I'm not even convinced it's because she knows it's me. I just have spent so much time with her crying that I have figured out the tricks!

-I love when we are getting ready to go and I get to take her away from whoever has her and take her home with me. She is MY baby and I get to take her with me!! I can't believe it! I get to take her home and keep snuggling her!

-I love how many times Brynlee smiles in her sleep. I know people say it's gas, so either my baby is the gassiest human being I have ever seen OR she is dreaming of angels OR she is just plain happy!! And let me tell you, those smiles are SO CUTE!! I keep trying to get one on camera but I am just always too late.

-I love when we put Brynlee up to our chest, she puts her hands under her chin and she tilts her head back and looks us strait in the face! I love watching her look around and figure out her surroundings.

-I love that she doesn't like to be horizontal. Even though it makes our lives a bit difficult sometimes, it's so fun! She likes to be sitting up, she likes to bounce and she likes to stand up. She is not even three weeks old yet and she already is trying to be a big girl. Oh great...I'm in for it, aren't I...?

-I love when she surprises me by sleeping good at night! It's not that she's a bad sleeper (usually about 4 hour blocks) but, for instance, last night she slept from 11 pm to 5:30 am!! That's 6 HOURS!! I was so excited when I saw what time it was! Little surprises like that are nice :)

-I love getting her dressed. Even though there are very few outfits she can actually wear because she is so tiny, I love getting her in her little clothes. Spencer told me last night that he is going to be so sad when she grows out of these little clothes. I told him that there are tons more cute little clothes in the closet and he said he knows, but these tiny ones are just so cute!

-I love watching her eat. I can't even tell you how many times I have wanted to take a picture of her nursing but decided that probably wouldn't be appropriate...haha! I just love to stare at her. She just looks so happy and comfortable.

-I love listening to her eat. When she gets going, she makes these super loud gulping sounds and she starts breathing really deep. I love it!

-One of my favorite moments of all time is roller her over after she finishes eating. She is usually asleep, she has lines all over her cheek from whatever I am wearing, she has milk dribbling out of the side of her mouth, and her mouth is still usually sucking a little bit! It is so sweet!! She just lays there like someone who just ate a huge Thanksgiving meal and can't move. I love it so much. Her cheek is always super warm too. It's one of the things that is making sticking with nursing worth it. Bottles don't do that as much.

-I love when people tell me that she's so cute. I mean, I know she's cute...come on....look at her parents ;). But I love when other people think she's cute too. Everybody wants to touch her little hands and feet and kiss on her cheeks. My only problem is everyone always wants to hold her and I have a hard time saying yes because I want to hold her!!!!

-I love when she is in her little lamb swing and trying to go to sleep, she always turns on her side, tilts her head back, and tries to nurse out of the little headrest. It's right at the level she needs so she just sits there and licks it. It's so funny! She eventually falls asleep but she will got at it for a while!

-I love watching Spencer play with her. He treats her like she is a big kid already! He just loves to take her out in the living room, he turns on Seinfeld, and they watch it together. He turns on music and makes her dance (she actually LOVES this. She just really likes to be bounced). He lays on the couch and talks to her. One time, he had her propped up against his legs and he was doing sit ups and asking her if he had done enough and based on her facial expression would do more...he's a funny guy, but I love him to pieces.

-I love when she holds in her binky with both hands. I don't think that's actually what she is trying to do, but she spreads her fingers out really wide and covers her binky with both hands. It's so cute!

-I love her sad face. I know that's kinda mean, but her sad face is so, well, sad! If you see that sad face, you want to just pick her up and hug her forever. Hopefully I gain an immunity to that before she can use it to her advantage because right now...it's irresistible.

-I love her hair. I love how much there is, how soft it is, how red it is, and how pretty it makes her! I think if she were bald she might look a little funny.

-I love her birth mark. It's this cute little circle right by her left ear. It's so cool because the circle actually completes on her earlobe! I just love that little thing that makes her so unique.

-I love getting to say mommy. I love that when I say mommy, I mean me. I love calling Spencer daddy. I love that we are Brynlee's mommy and daddy.  I thought that would be weird or hard to transition to, but it's so easy! It's like I have been mommy my whole life. I might be ok if that's the only thing I went by for the rest of my life :)

-I love all of the pink. Yesterday she was in the cutest pink dress, in her pink car seat, with the pink cover, with a pink binky, and a pink blanket. And I was SO HAPPY! I love having so much pink around.

-I love my sweet Brynlee Lynn. I love her chubby cheeks, I love her button nose. I love her chicken legs and her long feet. I love her soft and amazing smelling skin. I love her belly button and her ears. I love her rolls...of skin. I love her eyes and how much they are starting to be open. I love kissing her cheeks, her mouth, her feet, her nose...EVERYTHING! I love her baby breath, I love her nonexistent eyebrows, and I love her fingers and toes. I love how she always grabs my fingers and holds on for dear life. I love her wimpy little cry and her dinosaur cry. I love her in clothes and I love her little naked body. I love when she's lathered up in lotion. Most of all, I love that she is my sweet baby and I get to spend eternity with her. I love that we are at eternal family, sealed in the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment