Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mom and Baby: week 3

This past week has had lots of ups and downs. Let's start off with my trip to the doctor last last Thursday. I woke up feeling really weird. I tried to shower, almost passed out, and laid back in bed. Normally this stops that feeling and in a few minutes I can get up and feel fine. Well this time, I didn't feel fine. I felt really yucky and was scared to be at home by myself because if I passed out, there was nobody to help me or take care of Brynlee. I had my mom and grandma come over and we found out that I had a fever and got nervous. We called my doctor and I made an appointment for that afternoon. When I went in, they said it could either be Mastitis, a uterine infection, or something with my spine (from the epidural). When she checked me, she said it was none of those. She decided that maybe I was just getting the symptoms of mastitis before it actually came so she gave me a prescription for antibiotics to treat it. I had a fever for a couple of days and was having awful headaches but I am pleased to say that I feel a million times better!!! I gave up on my medicine yesterday afternoon because I had to work eating around it and it made me crazy. I made it 8 of the 10 days, I think that's good enough!

We have finally gotten the hang of nursing! It still hurts when she first latches on but after that there is no pain :). We had a little problem last week because of some sores I had so I could only feed her on one side. I pumped the other side and fed it to her in a bottle. That lasted 5 days and then I tried to nurse her again and I could finally do it! I was so happy. It's so much easier this way!!

Brynlee has finally started living her life like a normal person...sorta! She is eating TONS better and not as often and she is sleeping better. She still has been sleeping really restlessly but the other night she slept for 6 hours so I guess I can't complain! :) She makes our life so fun. We love her little smiles and her tiny little body parts. I love her to death!

We are blessing Brynlee on September 1st and after attempts to find a blessing dress, we settled on making it ourselves. Grandma and I went to Joanne's on Saturday and picked out fabric. I am really excited and hope it turns out as pretty as I think it will! I am so grateful to have such an awesome grandma who is such an awesome seamstress and is willing to put it together so quickly.

We took our first family picture tonight. The other day we were talking about it and realized that we don't have one picture of the three of us except for at the hospital when I was pretty much dead. So tonight we finally all looked good at the same time and we got a picture!

Grandma Hon got Brynlee a couple of bracelets and although my mother doesn't approve (sorry mom!) I love putting her in them! It makes her look like a little princess :)

Brynlee with her "cousins" (really they are my cousins...I don't know what that makes them to her)



Baby Lucy is 5 weeks older than Brynlee. Ezra and Rigdon are about 7 1/2 months older. She is so tiny!!


Our first family picture! I wanted a headband on her but it was MIA. :(

I love our sweet little family. It's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment