Friday, May 4, 2012

Bagles, Thank you cards, and The Emporor's New Groove

The title of my post goes out to my one and only ginger bestie in Payson, Mikaela! She always has three things listed as her titles so I decided to try it and it worked perfectly!

Yesterday night Spencer was at school. I had been doing thank you cards for ummm....like 5 hours and ran out with only about 15 more to write. Great. I was kinda bummed but I decided to just let it go and relax for the rest of the night. Spencer is supposed to get home at about 10 and he walks in the door at 9:25! Well, that was an awesome surprise! I asked him why he was home so early and he replied with, "I would have been home earlier if I hadn't gone to Fry's". Confused, I asked..."Why did you go to Fry's??" He held up and bag and pulled out a pack of thank you cards and a bag of bagles. This seriously made my whole night. I had been talking either earlier that day or the day before about how I went grocery shopping and purposely bought more pizza sauce so we could make more pizza bagels and then completely forgot to buy bagels. He is so stinking awesome! I seriously was blown away by how cool he was. I just hugged him so tight and he was a little bit weirded out because he didn't know why this was such a big deal but it was so awesome to know that he listens to me and that he goes out of his way to make me happy. IT WORKED!!! He also brought in the copy of the Emporor's New Goove he got at Target earlier (that was his indulgence, he said we HAD to have that movie :)) Life is so good! I have the best husband in the world!

Today I got to hang out with my good friend Alex. It was so fun to see her again and actually spend some time together! She came over and we finished watching my show (it's called Lie to Me. Don't watch it with little kids but seriously...watch this show) and headed out for our bargain shopping extraveganza! We headed to good will and just meandered around, talking about her wedding plans and the things going on in our lives and then we headed back to my house to paint nails :). I seriously love this girl and am so proud of her good decisions!! I can't wait for her and Bronson to get married on September 1st! WOO!

Just on a funny note, my mom and I had a really funny conversation last night over text, thought I would share:

(I texted my mom to tell her how proud of me she should be because I worked out for an hour)

Me: I'm gonna be sore...I'm gonna keep going though
Mom: I'm super sore from Janelle on Tuesday
Me: I love it!!
Mom: I don't. Dread going potty
Me: Wow....ha
Mom: getting old sucks
Me: You're not old, you're thirty, flirty, and thriving!!!
Mom: Bahaha
Me: I'm awesome, say it!
Mom: I"m smart, I'm sexy, and gosh darn it people like me!
Me: Haha own it girl!
Mom: I'm going to bed now it's past my bedtime :) You know us old fogies

We will look like them one day mom, I know it.


Love ya!  Like a pig loves a good old roll in the mud on a hot day! (which is about every day here so...I love you a lot!

1 comment:

  1. Chelsey! That was a private conversation! Ü I can look exactly like them right now.. just need a little photoshop! This pig would roll in the mud with you anyday. ♥

    ReplyDelete