Friday, August 22, 2014

I'm a Working Mom

I got a job!! It's a work from home, 30 hours a week, sit on the computer job! It's perfect for me. I can stay home with Brynlee and still help with the income! Here is a look at my working life so far.

I have to have two monitors to do this job so my desk is a little bit crowded, but it's not too bad. It would be better if the tower was underneath but Brynlee kept pushing the button and turning it off. Up it went!

Brynlee spends a lot of time on my lap. She has pretty much put herself on a one nap a day schedule so I try and hold her off until 12:30 since that is when I start work. She sleeps until about 3 or a little later most of the time and then she is either on my lap, at my feet, or causing trouble somewhere until I'm done at 6. I'm glad it is this way though because then it is only 3 hours where I'm working while she is awake verses the whole 6.

I have had so many computer problems already and have spent hours with the company support team remoted onto my computer. Luckily I have some family that works in that department so I can get help after hours or I would be in trouble! It has been working good since we got better internet, though, so that is a huge relief!

It's not the easiest thing in the world, and it's hard to work all afternoon and then still have the energy to cook dinner, clean up, and entertain Brynlee until bedtime, but it is a huge blessing and I'm so grateful. Hopefully I can get into a routine of being able to keep my house in order and work at the same time.
Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment